Sunday 1 April 2012

CO2 Collaborative Project Space

In our project space, Kate, Keith and I were aiming to combine our talents and interests in art together. I have noticed that other groups before us decided to momentarily ignore what they do in favor of a more cohesive group show. Perhaps they were able to fulfill the assignment better than we did, but I was extremely happy at the outcome of our show, the outcome being an experience.

The critiques that we seemed to receive was that the pieces that we made and showed together were too disjointed and didn’t convey the idea as well. The idea that we wanted to show was perception and the fact that everyone seeing and experiences things differently. No matter what the critiques were, negative or positive, that is what I felt we succeeded.

As a group we re-created the CO2 space perfectly. We covered the window then created a false ceiling to make the room dark and smaller. We also brought in false walls and created a hallway that directed people into the room and also created a little space for the video projection. Unfortunately the way that the video was projected detracted from the feel of the room, but had we had more time, we probably could have figured out a better way to show the video.

After we set everything up and I was able to run through it, a new idea about our collaborative project came into my mind. As I walked in I saw my sculpture with the paper and glass beads hanging from wood, I realized that could represent the beginning of human creativity and the materials used being that glass and paper are two of the few of humans’ oldest inventions. Then when I walked into the bigger part of the gallery space I saw the photo projections that reminded me of the next step of human documentation and creativity, which is created by light. Then finally it ended at the video projection which I felt represented humans’ current fascination with technology.



Regardless on what we could have changed and if it was a success or not to other people, I was very proud of the work that we created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment